What is TAP?
Teen Arts Pass (TAP) is a new initiative by Urban Gateways that gives young people ages 13-19 access to $5 tickets to see professional dance, music, and theater performances in and around Chicago. With your free TAP membership, all you have to do is present your card at the UChicago Presents box office on the day of the show, and as long as it’s not sold out, you can purchase a ticket (a $38 value) for $5 cash. It’s that easy!
How does it work?
- Sign up on the Teen Arts Pass website and they'll email you with a digital card that you can use right away after you register. Registration is quick, easy, & free! You’ll also receive a physical card in the mail a little later.
- Check out the website to see a calendar, list, or map of eligible performances at TAP Partner Venues all over the Chicago area.
- Be sure to call the UChicago Arts Box Office (773.702.ARTS (2787)) to make sure tickets are available.
- Bring your TAP card, school/state ID, and $5 cash and get to the venue at least 30 minutes before the show time! TAP is a day-of-show program, so tickets can be purchased as soon as the box office opens, up until the show sells out. Be sure to get there early for your best chance at a ticket, but also because most TAP Partner Venues won’t seat you if the show has already started.
- Enjoy the show! Share your experience on social media (tag @UChicagoPresents and @TeenArtsPass)! Tell all your friends!
- Repeat steps 2-5 again and again until you turn 20, checking out all the cool performances Chicago has going on!
Visit the Teen Arts Pass website for more information.