June 28, 2022
We are excited to announce our 2022/23 season! This season brings the best in classical music, early music, world music, jazz, and more to the UChicago campus. Please take some time to look over the incredible concerts and artists offered this season on our Concerts and Events page. Additionally, we are glad to bring back our traditional subscription packages, including the subscriptions you know and love, like the Classic Concert Series and Jazz at the Logan Series. Subscriptions are on sale now! Please peruse our subscription options on the UChicago Arts Box Office website, or learn more about the exclusive benefits included with a subscription on our Subscription Information page.
Season highlights include:
- Quatuor Diotima presents the long-awaited Music from Paris series, featuring French and French-influenced string quartets from composers including Claude Debussy, Maurice Ravel, César Franck, and more.
- The Valencia Baryton Project perform Haydn’s rarely heard works for the baryton, alongside newer works for the obscure instrument.
- The Jazz at the Logan series brings a new commissioned work from rising star Linda May Han Oh and two performances of Hypocrisy of Justice: Sights and Sounds from the Black Metropolis.
- Sarod grand master Amjad Ali Khan takes the stage with his two sons, Amaan Ali Bangash and Ayaan Ali Bangash, and early music vocal ensemble Blue Heron perform works by Ockeghem as part of the Don Michael Randel Ensemble-in-Residence program.
- The Chicago Center for Contemporary Composition brings numerous world premieres by composers including Eliza Brown, Du Yun, and the Center’s own Augusta Read Thomas.
- And so much more!
Thank you, our audience, for your continued support and patronage. We are looking forward to seeing you in the concert hall this autumn!
UChicago Presents Staff