March 25, 2022 | 7:30PM
Logan Center Performance Hall
$40 | $20 under 35 | $10 Students
The Passion of Octavius Catto
Uri Caine bridges his dual backgrounds in jazz and classical music in a special rendition of this work for jazz trio and gospel choir, to tell the story of the eponymous 19th-century activist and scholar whose assassination in Philadelphia shook the city to its core.
Supported by the Revada Foundation and the Reva and David Logan Foundation. Presented in partnership with the Center for the Study of Race, Politics, and Culture, Chicago Jazz Magazine, DownBeat, Jazz Institute of Chicago, and WDCB 90.9 FM.
Before purchasing tickets, please read our COVID-19 guidelines. The University of Chicago, including UChicago Presents, is mask optional. We strongly encourage unvaccinated individuals and those preferring to wear masks to do so. All visitors age 5 and older must provide one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination,
- -or- a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event,
- -or- proof of a positive COVID-19 test within 14-90 days of the event with affirmation that you are not experiencing any symptoms,
- -or- a valid University of Chicago ID (UCID).
Proof of vaccination or COVID-19 test result can be provided:
- Digitally, using either a photo of the vaccination card or test result or by logging into a verification app used for events or travel (such as Clear to Go, CrowdPass, Verifly, EU Pass, My Bindle, etc.).
- Physical vaccination card or printed test result.
Proof of vaccination or COVID test must be in English. Guests age 16+ must also present a photo ID.